Friday, January 2, 2009

Sewing

I'm so glad that Abby finally has something that she really enjoys to do apart from Stevie. It seemed that she was always following him and doing what he liked to do. They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery but it was not flattering to Stevie. We tried so many things with Abby and nothing seemed to click. Recently, we helped her start saving money to buy a sewing machine and we did alot of research on what model and brand would be a good choice. She saved up her part (we helped her with it) and we got the machine right before Thanksgiving. Since then, she has made a number of small projects--several Christmas gifts for family and friends. One thing that she enjoys--as long as it doesn't take too long-- is to applique letters on shirts. She first made one for herself with SWA on it. It had its problems so we did some research and found out how to do it better. She did an SWA sweatshirt for her teacher and an ICRGS (ICR Graduate School) one for her dad. Then, on New Year's Eve she did these hoodies for herself and her friend Rachel. We were keeping our annual tradition of bringing in the new year with our co-workers. I think she did a really nice job. Someone said that she should start taking orders. I put in an order but she hasn't delivered yet.





4 comments:

Deb said...

nice job, Abby!!!

Jeanne said...

Great hobby!! I remember spending hours with a sewing maching when I was Abby's age.

Barbara said...

I'de like to place an order. WONDERFUL job! No I take that back... FANTASTIC job! You say she is a beginner? Wow - what she will do as an experienced seamstress. I was in the academy Monday morning and saw the back of Rachel's hoodie She was wearing it). I was impressed then and I didn't even know the story behind it!! Keep up the great work, Abby.

Mark said...

I can do that! Of course when I did it, I used iron on letters :-)
Can she make me one that says "he's not my president!!"